Flint, Michigan Minor in Possession Lawyer

Michigan Attorney Defending Young People Facing "Minor in Possession" Charges

During the 1970s, the legal drinking age in Michigan was 18 for several years. Now, however, a person must be 21 years old to buy or possess alcohol. If you or your teenage son or daughter has been charged with the crime of being a "minor in possession" of beer, whiskey, wine or any other alcoholic beverage, you are welcome to contact Charles D. Riley, Attorney at Law, to schedule an Initial consultation.

The law office of Charles D. Riley, Attorney at Law, in Flint, Michigan, is one of the few law firms in the area that offers initial consultations in all practice areas. Call or e-mail us to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation meeting with Mr. Riley to discuss your teenage son's or daughter's minor in possession charges.

Discuss the best defense strategy if you or your teenager has been accused of possessing alcoholic beverages. There may be grounds to argue for dismissal of the charges altogether. There may be mitigating factors that will allow attorney Charles Riley to argue in favor of reduced penalties. A "deferred sentence" contingent on the young person attending substance abuse classes or counseling may be a possibility. In any case, an experienced lawyer offers a young person the greatest hope of being in a position to have the criminal record wiped out upon reaching age 18.

Were Your Teen Alcohol Possession Charges Unfounded?

Perhaps your "minor in possession" charges came about because your dormitory roommates were engaging in underage drinking ― and you were considered guilty by association. Or perhaps your underage drinking charges resulted from an auto accident in which another driver was clearly at fault.

Whatever the facts, whatever the circumstances, stakes are high if you have been charged with being a "minor in possession" of beer or any other type of alcohol. You may be banned from playing intercollegiate sports if you are convicted. You may lose your driver's license. You may be required to spend time in juvenile detention if it is a repeat offense.

Learn your options, learn what your best way forward is, and learn how to put this matter behind you and go on with the business of growing up safe and sound. Call or e-mail the law firm of Charles D. Riley, Attorney at Law, to schedule an Initial consultation regarding "minor in possession" charges in Michigan.