Flint Divorce and Family Law Attorney

If you are thinking about divorce or dealing with another family law issue, you are not alone. Roughly half of all marriages in the United States end in divorce and thousands of people every year need a lawyer to deal with child support and child custody. The emotions one experiences while going through a divorce proceeding have been compared to the sense of loss and abandonment one experiences in relation to the death of a loved one. And yet, you will be faced with making crucial decisions that will affect you for a lifetime.

You need someone to look out for your interests during this critical time in your life. You need the law firm of Charles D. Riley, Attorney at Law. The firm offers initial consultations with a Flint lawyer in all family law matters, including divorce.

Contact our Flint, Michigan, law office today by calling 810-344-4177. We can assist you in making the best decisions available under Michigan family law.

Divorce and Related Matters

Even what may seem to be the simplest of divorce cases can quickly turn into a complex process of untangling intermingled property, assets and debts. Charles D. Riley, a family law attorney with more than 20 years of experience has a thorough understanding of the law and knows how to apply it to your specific case. Mr. Riley is prepared to assist you with all divorce, military divorce and legal separation matters, including:

  • Property division: distribution of the marital estate between spouses
  • QDRO/EDRO: division of pension plans and 401(k)s
  • Spousal support payments: determining your eligibility for support or opposing your spouse's request for alimony
  • Child custody: developing a parenting plan that upholds the best interest of your child or children
  • Child support payments: determining the financial support necessary to care for your child or children

Modification of Court Orders

Are your changed circumstances making it difficult for you to meet your court-ordered obligations? Charles D. Riley can aid you in filing a request to modify spousal support, child custody and child support orders. Mr. Riley also handles matters pertaining to a change in domicile.

Contact Charles D. Riley, Attorney at Law

If you have questions about any issues related to family law or divorce, the law firm of Charles D. Riley, Attorney at Law, proudly serving clients in Genesee County, Michigan, and surrounding counties, can assist you. Contact our law firm by calling 810-344-4177 for an initial, confidential appointment to discuss your case.